Tuesday, May 20, 2014

salare, this is for our children

A few days ago my husband, Phil, wrote to you about little Matty Moo. Click here to help him and other children with your special gift today. 

Epilepsy Foundation You have to watch this

Dear salare,

I still vividly recall when my child had his first seizure over two decades ago. The fear of seeing Philip on his bedroom floor, his lips blue and struggling to breathe, was unlike anything I’d ever experienced.

That’s why – when I first saw the story that my husband Phil sent you a few days ago, I was immediately brought back to those really difficult times.

Donate now

It concerns me greatly that epilepsy is one of the most common childhood disorders, yet receives a shockingly low amount of funding for research and therapies.

Their experience only strengthens my resolve to help the 45,000 children diagnosed with epilepsy each year.

As an Epilepsy Foundation supporter, I know that you understand that we must change this. We must work to get more access to the newest therapies and research so more families have the treatments that work for their children. No child should suffer with one seizure a day – let alone dozens  – and that’s why I am so thankful for your support.

Matty’s parents told Phil, my husband and President and CEO of the Epilepsy Foundation, that their local Epilepsy Foundation affiliate was their lifeline. As Matty’s mother, Amy, recalled:

“I never thought my family would need the Epilepsy Foundation…until one day we did. And I shudder to think where my family would be without their help.”

Like Matty’s parents, Phil and I attended an Epilepsy Foundation support group over 20 years ago that led us through the epilepsy maze and helped us find good care for Philip. We are so grateful to have found this amazing resource all those years ago. The truth is, salare, you make all of this possible. And this work grows more crucial every day. Over 150,000 new cases of epilepsy are diagnosed each year. That’s 150,000 men, women and children who need our help. 

That’s why I am asking you to help the Epilepsy Foundation be there for the next Matty and his family by making a generous contribution today.

Jill Gattone

With my deepest thanks,
jill gattone signature
Jill Gattone

You have to watch this

About Us I Donate Today I Forward to a Friend

Epilepsy Foundation of America ®
www.epilepsy.com I 8301 Professional Place I Landover, MD 20785-2353 I 800-332-1000


Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment